The Civil Code of the Russian Federation(with the Additions and Amendments of February 20, August 12, 1996,
October 24, 1997, July 8, December 17, 1999, April 16, May 15,
November 26, 2001, March 21, November 14, 26, 2002,
January 10, March 26, November 11, December 23, 2003)
Chapter 11. The Counting of the Term
Article 190. Definition of the Term
The term, established by the law, by the other legal acts and by the deal, or that fixed by the court, shall be defined by the calendar date or by the expiry of the period of time, counted in years, months, weeks, days or hours.
The term may also be defined by the reference to the event, which shall inevitably take place.
Article 191. The Start of the Term, Defined by a Period of Time
The proceeding of the term, defined by a period of time, shall start on the next day after the calendar date or after the occurrence of the event, by which its start has been defined.
Article 192. The End of the Term, Defined by a Period of Time
1. The term, counted in years, shall expire in the corresponding month and on the corresponding day of the last year of the term. Toward the term, defined as a half of the year, shall be applied the rules for the terms, counted in months.
2. Toward the term, counted in the quarters of the year, shall be applied the rules for the terms, counted by months. The quarter of the year shall be equal to three months, and the quarters shall be counted from the beginning of the year.
3. The term, counted in months, shall expire on the corresponding day of the last month of the term. The term, defined as a fortnight, shall be regarded as the term, counted in days, and shall be equal to 15 days.
If the term, counted in months, expires in the month, which has no corresponding date, it shall expire on the last day of this month.
4. The term, counted in weeks, shall expire on the corresponding day of the last week of the term.
Article 193. Expiry of the Term on a Holiday
If the last day of the term falls on a holiday, the day of the expiry of the term shall be the working day, following right after it.
Article 194. Procedure for Performing Actions on the Last Day of the Term
1. If the term has been fixed for the performance of a certain action, it may be performed before the expiry of 24 hours of the last day of the term. However, if this action has to be performed in an organization, the term shall expire at the hour, when, in conformity with the established rules, the performance of the corresponding actions in this organization is terminated.
2. Written applications and notifications, handed in to a communications agency before the expiry of 24 hours of the last day of the term, shall be regarded as executed on time.
Copyright © 2000 Open LLC